Thursday, December 30, 2021

Canning Turkey

 The day after Christmas, I decided to try something new. I canned 8 pints of turkey (our leftover turkey) to be used at a later time. 

I did some research before purchasing a bird of 19 pounds. There were quite a few what were you thinking moments and questions from my family. As I explained my plan (I was basically flying by the seat of my pants) there were some nods of agreement. I did some research, watched some videos, and did some reviewing.

 I am pretty experienced in pressure canning (I can chicken and beef broth all of the time.) 


Update: I also canned 5 pints of turkey broth. I don't want to say that this was the best broth I have ever canned, but it came dangerously close to being the best broth. Makes me want to make some turkey soup using the canned turkey.


No comments:

Post a Comment