Wednesday, November 9, 2022

New Lease on Life

 On 10/28/2022, I had surgery to remove fluid from the pleural lining of my lung. I had to stay in the hospital for a few days, but even after the surgery I felt so much better. When I came home, I had a drain that removed the fluid still in my lung. I had that drain in place for the last week and a half. It hurt to move, it hurt to sleep and if anyone touched that area, it would not go well.

Today, I had the drain removed. The removal process was not fun, I don't think anything worthwhile is ever 100% entirely fun. For a few hours after, the process was not fun. 

About 10 hours after the removal, I feel like I have a new lease on life. 

My pain went from a 6-8 to about a 4. Even better, I can sit without a lot of pain and discomfort.

Please understand, I still have pain, but I also have a new lease on life.




No comments:

Post a Comment