Sunday, January 8, 2023

Update to What I Spent What we ate week 1 of 52

  I have a goal this year of only spending 3000 OR LESS on groceries while also using up things in my freezer/pantry. I am going to keep a list of what I spend each week/month as well as a meal plan (and then recap it each week to see how we actually did). 


I spent 36.23 at Aldi.


On the menu this week:

Saturday- Porterhouse steak from the 1/2 cow we bought earlier in 2022.

Update: We actually ate this on Saturday and it was delicious

Sunday: Chicken and veggies

Update: I made a bacon chowder after hiking the billy goat trail part c (I needed comfort food)

Monday: Meat loaf muffins and roasted veggies

Update We did have meat loaf muffins, but we had mashed potatoes instead. I also made chicken soup while prepping tomorrows dinner :)

Tuesday Mini Mediterranean Chicken Skewers

Update: We ate them and they were delicious

Wednesday Breakfast Taco Bowls

Update: Moving this meal to next week, we had leftovers

Thursday Leftovers

Update: We had leftovers again

Friday- Fish

Update: We had a date and had Pho

Saturday Duck with Brussel sprouts 

Update: We had fish AH (Amazing Husband) cooked and helped me clean out the freezer


That is the plan and I cannot wait to update this to see what I have actually spent.


Total spent for January so far: 36.23

No comments:

Post a Comment